Cosplay is a japan word coined from therms costume and play. The activity involves recreation of characters from manga, anime, fantasy and science-fiction movies, books, games etc. Lovers of this more and more popular hobby tend to sew a costume, make weapons, tools and other accessories, arrange wigs, everything that is needed so they can turn into their favourite character for a short period of time. This often includes behaviour that is in line with the figure itself.
Because we want to become someone we like for one day, because we like to create and invent new ways to make costumes, because we like to be photographed, because we like new challenges … There is at least as many reasons as cosplayers.
Cosplay is a great hobby for everyone, regardless of age or gender, skill or finance! Some prefer to make costumes, where others just want to wear them. What is essential is that everyone has fun doing it. At the NMN you will be able to see many fantastic cosplays, anything from easy to detailed builds.
We will be very pleased if we will see you in the costume this year!
Additional coplay opportunities in Slovenia:
- Makkon – Japan culture festival (Ljubljana, December)
- Meteorita – science and fantasy day (Jesenice, April)
- Anime – comics and board games fair (Koper, August)
- Kunikon – convention as part of the festival of young cultures (Velenje, August)
- and Na meji nevidnega – the largest fantasy and science fiction convention in Slovenia!